Kirby Puckett

Kirby Puckett

Saturday, March 1, 2014

SANO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stunned silence...... more stunned silence....... more stunned silence Screw it, I've got to start somewhere. You've probably heard about this, but in case you haven't, Miguel Sano needs to have Tommy John surgery. Past that I honestly have no idea what to write I'm so depressed. What are the odds of a third baseman having to get Tommy John? I know this probably won't affect his hitting, but it will still definitely keep him from progressing. He'll probably be out for the season, so he'll miss an entire year of developing, so he probably won't make it up to the Twins until late 2015 or early 2016. How can we look at this? Here are some options.
There's the one I'm currently using. This sucks. I don't want to get out of bed. That one is typically reserved for pessimists like me.
The second option is a lot like the first but it's a lot more extreme. Holy crap! Sano is injured?! Our entire future is ruined! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! This is the least common one because of all the things that need to line up. The first thing you need is I diehard Twins fan. Next, that person needs to be in the top 90% of radical people. Finally, they need to be hyped up on Mountain Dew.
In any situation there's always the optimistic approach for delusional people. This won't set his development back. It'll just be a small hiccup in his career. Anyway, we still have Buxton and Meyer. This is also the type of people who would loudly and happily say good morning to you at three in the morning while you were trekking to Hell and back through an alligator infested swampland.
The final and by far most savvy move for a fan would be to just live in denial. Walk around like never happened. Change the subject as soon as you hear the words "Sano" and "Tommy John" in the same sentence, and act like you haven't heard of anything when someone does manage to get you into a conversation about it. In fact, that's my strategy from now on. What? Sano? No I haven't heard anything about him. I'm sorry I didn't hear you. Well, look at the time. Sorry I have to leave. Good bye.

1 comment:

  1. When are you Wilson ever going through hell at alligator invested swamps? Give me an example! I recall..

    ReplyDelete